125g Unsalted Dairy Butter
100g dark brown muscovado sugar 4 tbsp golden syrup
325g plain fl our, plus extra for dusting 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 tsp ground ginger
5 tbsp icing sugar
3 tbsp Cooks’ Homebaking Sprinkles, such as White Chocolate Stars, Silver Balls, Pearly 100s & 1000s
1. Preheat the oven to 170ºC. Line two large baking trays with baking parchment. Melt the butter, sugar and syrup together, stirring occasionally, then remove from the heat.
2. Sieve the flour, bicarbonate of soda and ginger into a bowl, then stir the melted ingredients into the dry ingredients to make a stiff dough. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and roll to a thickness of about 5mm.
3. Stamp shapes out of the dough using Christmas Cookie Cutters. Place the shapes onto the lined baking trays and bake, in batches, for 9-10 minutes until golden brown.
4. Remove from the oven. While still warm, use a skewer or chopstick to make any holes that you may need to hang up the biscuits with ribbon or string. Leave to cool completely on a wire rack.
5. Mix together the icing sugar with a splash of water to make thick icing then drizzle or pipe over the biscuits and decorate with sprinkles. The gingerbread biscuits can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.